||[Dec. 31st, 2008|09:58 pm]
Can't keep safe what wants to break
|||||"Decode" by Paramore||]|
ah, well, this year has been an amazing whirlwind, some of which i would've never expected to happen.
i want to give highlights from 2008, but i really don't even know where to begin. this year has been so amazing for me that the lows i have had seem insignificant to the point where i can't even remember them. i would probably have to say that my lowest low of this year would either have to be right now, being stuck at home on new year's 2009, or when i had my wisdom teeth removed right before warped tour making it impossible for me to go this year.
highlights 2008 in sort of a list form:
- all the wonderful people i have met this year and became friends with starting at the beginning of the year til now.
- the people i am now friends with that i knew before this year.
- hanging out with a band that i thought i would never in my wildest dreams thought i would ever hang out with and get to know.
- going to California for the first time ever with my concert buddy for an amazing concert going time.
- traveling all the other places i have traveled to this year that i have never been to before.
- going to NYC for new year's eve 2008.
- all of April 2008 was pretty epic.
- same goes for August 2008.
i think that about covers the highlights in a very, very short version of the stories involved.
i have certain goals for this year. some of which will be difficult, but i need to do these things for myself. as previous entries have stated here and on my other journal, things happen for a reason and change is inevitable.
goals for 2009:
1) Become somewhat financially independent.
2) Get on the road to my career.
3) Become better friends with the friends I have.
4) Eat healthier and maybe work out a little.
5) Clean my room.
the first one is in bold font because it is the most important for the rest of the goals to work out. well mainly the first three at least. the first one has to somewhat happen though because i am turning 22 this year so i need to branch out a bit more on my own. on top of this, my mom is probably going on disability soon because of having MS. since she makes most of the family income, the family income will significantly decrease when she goes on disability. on top of that, i will no longer have health and dental insurance through her job anymore. to most people my age they would not worry about whether or not they are going to have health/dental insurance, but i am not most people my age. i always seem to have medical problems/emergencies so i feel i need something to protect me. and once again, i am back to my main goal of being financially indenpendent to make all of this happen.
/end word vomit
so i guess this was a recap of the year. i would say it was a pretty good year in music, a pretty good year for movies, a pretty good year in tours, and a pretty good year for myself. i am hoping for bigger and better things in 2009. even though i am not coming into the new year with a bang like last year, i still have a good feeling about it.
officially, my favorites of this year:
favorite album of 2008 - The All-American Rejects - When The World Comes Down (i had been looking forward to this album for a while)
favorite song of 2008 - it is between two songs that were released in 2007, but had a lot of play with my this year - "Let the Flames Begin" by Paramore and "Here It Goes" by Jimmy Eat World. though i particularly liked Paramore's release of "Decode" for the Twilight film.
favorite movie of 2008 - unexpectedly, Kung Fu Panda was a favorite of mine this year. i am not really remembering much else atm. even though i love movies, i have not been able to see too many lately.
favorite book of 2008 - the whole Twilight series
favorite TV show of 2008 - Grey's Anatomy
things i am looking forward to in 2009:
- Paramore's new album due out in the summer
- the next Harry Potter movie due out in the summer as well
- Warped Tour
- possibly Bamboozle Left
- any tours that have good line ups
- and the future i am meeting head on...